Bell to join Mercedes F1 team as technical director
London: Former Renault technical director Bob Bell will join Mercedes GP in the same role from April 1, the Formula One team said on Friday.
Mercedes said in a statement that Bell`s appointment would allow team principal Ross Brawn more freedom to operate.
"Bob`s appointment is a key step in the strengthening of our excellent technical team and we are pleased to have recruited one of the most experienced engineers in the sport," said Brawn, whose team won both titles in 2009 as Brawn GP.
"Bob will be an important asset to our team, bringing with him a wealth of Formula One knowledge and championship-winning experience, and we look forward to welcoming him at the start of April."
Bell won championships with Renault and Fernando Alonso in 2005 and 2006 and was acting team principal after the departure of Flavio Briatore in the wake of a race-fixing controversy that left Renault with a suspended permanent ban in 2009.
Mercedes have seven times world champion Michael Schumacher, the sport`s most successful driver with 91 wins, and fellow-German Nico Rosberg as their line-up this season.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed