Chandhok`s JRM Racing fail to finish Six Hours of Bahrain race
Sakhir (Bahrain): Karun Chandhok and his JRM Racing team had a disappointing result at the Six Hours of Bahrain in the FIA World Endurance Championship as the outfit failed to finish the race due to electronic problems in the car.
The HPD ARX-03a, driven by David Brabham, Peter Dumbreck and Chandhok had qualified in P3 in the privateers` class for the inaugural WEC race in the Middle East but electrical problems dented their chances of a good finish.
Chandhok had started the six hours but the car developed a problem with the chassis electronics inside the one-hour mark. The team tried to reset all systems but could not fully regain the data needed to run the car.
After 50 laps the car came into the pits to effect full repairs but after just one lap back on track, this time with Dumbreck, it became clear that the car required more fundamental work.
The car returned to the garage for the team to conduct repairs and rejoined with one hour 10 minutes remaining, but was forced to retire shortly afterwards. Post race the problem was traced to a faulty loom section.
"In my second stint the race started to come to me. I was quicker than the other guys on used tyres and I think we could have had a good race. However very early on in the first stint I lost the power to the dash and the guys had no telemetry, which is critical for the engine and also knowing where we are on fuel consumption.
"We pitted quite conservatively and lost time as we were caught speeding in the pitlane - the pitlane limiter didn’t work due to the electrical problem. From then on we tried to reset but it didn’t work out. Sometimes it’s like that, unfortunately," Chandhok said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only?
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part II
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part III
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part IV
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- 122 pilots failed alcohol tests between 2013 and June 2016:Government
- Sexual harassment case: One witness denied allegations against Kumar Vishwas: Police to HC
- Graft case: Court seeks CBI's reply on accused bail plea
- Aussie legend Craig McDermott hails Ishant Sharma as a real workhorse
- Spain seeks `urgent` answers from London after nuclear sub collision