Gaurav Gill wins 1st round Maharashtra rally
Nashik: New Delhi-based car racing champion and MRF team`s hero Gaurav Gill clinched the trophy in the first round of Maharashtra rally, organised by Western India Sports Association (WISA) while last year winner Vikram Mathais remained on second.
Gaurav, who participated in the rally of Maharashtra, has so far crossed nine legs.
Another contestant Arjun Balu, whose racing car got trapped near a valley during first stage of the race, could not participate in third and last leg, held in the city`s Phalke Memorial garden area.
Naren Kumar, who also participated in the race after a gap of three years, could not complete it after his car developed technical problem on the first day, on June 25.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Are separatists scared with 'Dangal' girl Zaira Wasim's success?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city
- Army orders modern helmets for jawans, can withstand bullets fired from short range