Mahindra Racing fifth fastest in second pre-season test
Mumbai: Mahindra Racing has completed their second pre-season test for the 2013 Moto3 World Championship at Spain`s Jerez circuit.
The group-test for this year`s MotoGP season, saw the Indian team`s two new riders complete the test with the fifth and eighth fastest times of the 33 Moto3 participants.
Three trouble-free days for Mahindra`s all-new MGP-3o were marred only by rain on the final day that led to an early finish for the team, who had achieved most of their objectives.
Portuguese teenager, Miguel Oliveira recorded the fifth fastest time of the test (1:47.958). The 17-year-old from Pragal near Lisbon, was also impressively quick in the wet conditions of Thursday despite having a small fall. "I`m really happy that we had the opportunity to continue the job started in Valencia."
"I`m pleased with the way we are working and I`m learning so much about the bike and my team. We are on a good path and we are ready to fight," he said.
Experienced Spanish rider Efren Vázquez was eighth fastest with 1:48.327. He finished testing at lunchtime feeling satisfied with his move to Mahindra Racing: "I`m really happy with the bike and everything is going better than we expected."
The successful test followed on from last week`s Valencia test, the first outing for the 2013 Mahindra. Efren finished the three days at Valencia with the eighth quickest time, while his young teammate was 10th fastest.
The 2013 Mahindra bikes completed 750km over the two tests, but the hard work now continues back in the team`s Swiss base before the final test, also in Jerez March 18-21 March.
Bikes and equipment will then be shipped to Qatar for the first race of the season April 7.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Indrani attempted suicide or big security lapse by jail authorities?
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Does a corrupt govt influence the mindset of the youth?
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?
- Prefer to ignore what Nawaz Sharif said at UN, says Manohar Parrikar