New Delhi: While F1 fans across the world are still praying for the speedy recovery of legendary former champion Michael Schumacher, there is still not much progress as far his recovery is concerned.
Felix Damm, Schumacher's lawyer, clarified this in a German court during proceedings for a lawsuit against a magazine for running a false story.
Die Bunte published a story in December 2015 claiming the 47-year-old can take small steps with assistance.
Damm told CNN: "I told the court on Friday that the alleged claim that Michael Schumacher can walk again is false and simply not true.
"Michael cannot even stand with the help of his special therapists. I cannot make any other comments about Michael's health situation."
Earlier in May this year, Schumacher's ex-boss Luca Di Montezemolo said that the legend was “reacting” to treatment.
The seven-time Formula One world champion suffered traumatic injuries after hitting his head against a rock while skiing in Meribel, France in December 2013.
He plunged into a six-month coma, followed by a lengthy spell receiving intensive hospital treatment.
The 47-year-old is still receiving intensive treatment far from the public eye at his home in Switzerland.