Miller wins Qatar Moto3 for maiden triumph
Australia`s Jack Miller, riding a KTM, won the Qatar Grand Prix Moto3 race on Sunday to capture his maiden career triumph.
Spanish duo Alex Marquez, the younger brother of MotoGP world champion Marc, and Efren Vasquez, both on Hondas, took second and third respectively in the season-opening event.
The 19-year-old Miller, who was seventh in the world championship in 2013, duelled with Marquez over the course of the 18-lap race and made the most of a late error by the Spaniard on the last lap.
Miller enjoyed a flying start as pole sitter Alex Rins, on a Honda, slipped back to 10th on the opening lap with the Australian settling into the slipstream of Marquez.
For most of the race, the pair led the rest of the field by up to two seconds with the chasing group headed by KTM`s Isaac Vinales, Vazquez and Portugal`s Miguel Oliveira.
In a thrilling conclusion, the top six riders were covered by just 0.586sec.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- PM Modi condoles APJ Abdul Kalam's death
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- Gurdaspur terror attack: Blow-by-blow account
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea