Miller wins Qatar Moto3 for maiden triumph
Australia`s Jack Miller, riding a KTM, won the Qatar Grand Prix Moto3 race on Sunday to capture his maiden career triumph.
Spanish duo Alex Marquez, the younger brother of MotoGP world champion Marc, and Efren Vasquez, both on Hondas, took second and third respectively in the season-opening event.
The 19-year-old Miller, who was seventh in the world championship in 2013, duelled with Marquez over the course of the 18-lap race and made the most of a late error by the Spaniard on the last lap.
Miller enjoyed a flying start as pole sitter Alex Rins, on a Honda, slipped back to 10th on the opening lap with the Australian settling into the slipstream of Marquez.
For most of the race, the pair led the rest of the field by up to two seconds with the chasing group headed by KTM`s Isaac Vinales, Vazquez and Portugal`s Miguel Oliveira.
In a thrilling conclusion, the top six riders were covered by just 0.586sec.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why