Patel finishes sixth in JKRAS European outing
Le Castellet (France): Indian driver Aditya Patel came up with an impressive performance as he finished the European outing of the JK Racing Asia Series in sixth position at Paul Ricard Circuit here.
It was an intense battle all the way in round six of the JKRAS, where the top drivers battled all the way from the start to finish.
Patel, the US Formula Project driver, started the race in ninth immediately climbing to seventh in the first lap and by the second lap was up in sixth.
Eurasia Motorsport`s Hiqmar Danial Hidzir suffered from a punctured tyre, dropping him to the back of the grid. Patel then maintained his position until the end of the race.
The young Indian impressed everyone with his pace and was happy with the outcome.
"I got a good start, I gained two places and was up to seventh and then by the second lap I was up to sixth because I think someone went off. It was quite an interesting race, there was a point when people were catching me and I just put it all together and was getting quicker and quicker. Towards the end my pace was pretty good," said Patel.
Despite going off the track right at the last turn of the last lap after contact from Nabil Jeffri, Meritus.GP`s Afiq Ikhwan Yazid managed to regain his position to cross the finish line to take the win ahead of the two Eurointernational drivers, Jeffri and Aston Hare.
"I`ve been through so many hard races this year and this is my first podium and I would like to thank my team for putting in so much effort and my sponsor Petronas,"said Yazid.
Jeffri leads the championship table after six races of the series.
The JK Racing Asia Series will continue with Rounds 7 and 8 at the Spa Francorchamps Circuit in Belgium on July 27-29.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- Pakistan criticizes Defence Minister Parrikar's terrorism remarks