Saran Vikram wins Drivers` championship title
Chennai: Mars Racing`s Saran Vikram lived up to his reputation by clinching the coveted Formula Rolon Driver`s Championship title, the prime event of the 13th Edition of JK Tyre-FMSCI National Road Racing Championship on Sunday.
Vikram was consistent and dished out solid performances in the lone domestic national road racing championship winning six of the 12 races and finishing sixth in the eighth race for a tally of 63 points.
City school student, G Vikash Anand totalled 50 points, while Pune based Chittesh Mandody of Meco Racing finished overall third with 43 points.
Another youngster to end the season with a memorable victory was Bangalore`s Ajay Kini of Wallace Sports and Chennai`s Siddarth Kishore of Performance Racing as they won the Drivers` team title in Formula Swift and Indian Super Saloon events.
Vizag`s Sailesh Bolisetti, an engineer by profession, was in line for a golden double but had to be content with the Drivers` title in the inaugural Volkswagen Polo Cup.
His hopes of annexing the Indian Super Saloon overall title vanished when the Stewards slapped a 30-minute penalty on him for an `international` infringement involving Sivaramakrishnan`s car.
Actually, Sailesh Bolisetti finished fourth behind Prime Racing`s B Vijayakumar and the latter was earlier given a 20-minute penalty after a protest by the former.
In the last of two races today in the Volkswagen Polo Cup event, Chennai youngster Vishnu Prasad won the first race followed by title contender Sailesh Bolisetti and Delhi`s Karthik Shankar who finished third.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what