Sebastien Loeb wins his 6th Mexican Rally
Mexico City: French driver Sebastien Loeb extended his lead in the 2012 World Rally championship (WRC) with a comfortable victory in the Rally Mexico.
The Frenchman Sunday won the rally for the sixth consecutive year after starting the final day with a commanding 36-second lead which he increased to more than 42 seconds by the end. Citroen teammate, Finland`s Mikko Hirvonen came in second.
Third place went to Norwegian driver Petter Solberg, of Team Ford, Xinhua reported.
Loeb, who won the first leg of the WRC in Monte Carlo, has 66 points, an advantage of 16 over Hirvonen and 19 more than Solberg.
The fourth leg of the WRC will be run in Argentina from April 27-29.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa Reloaded: Shahid reveals about meeting Aishwarya
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!