Shahaan Engineer clinches 2nd podium finish in as many races
Zandvoort (The Netherlands): Indian racing driver Shahaan Engineer capped-off a tremendous breakthrough weekend in the Formula Renault 2.0 Northern European Cup with his second podium finish in as many races here.
Driving for multiple championship-winning UK team Fortec Motorsports, the 17-year-old starred in qualifying with his maiden pole position.
The youngster then bagged the first podium of his fledgling career during round 17 and added another second place finish yesterday with a great drive in the last race of the weekend.
Remarkably the youngest competitor in the pan-European series, concluded the visit with the biggest points haul for anyone, a release stated.
Earning a total of 63 points across the three races, eight points clear of his nearest rival, Shahaan has surged from 11th in the championship into seventh place -- from among 44 registered entrants.
"It`s been an exciting weekend and my best yet in cars", said Shahaan.
"Getting the two podiums and pole position feels great but, more importantly, I`m pleased to have scored well in all three races. I want to thank the team for giving me a great car all weekend."
Shahaan was one of only two drivers able to lap below the 1m39 second barrier, his best time of the race being a lap of 1m38.658 seconds.
Following this weekend`s racing, Shahaan will now travel back to the UK to continue his recently commenced studies at Leighton Park in Berkshire.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- Indian man Srinivas Kuchibhotla shot dead in Kansas bar while watching basketball game - Know what happened