Son of Formula One idol unharmed after crash
Rio de Janeiro: Geraldo Piquet, the eldest son of three-time Formula One world champion Nelson Piquet, walked away unharmed after his race truck flipped and exploded in a fireball.
The 34-year-old was competing in the fourth round of Brazil`s Formula Truck championship at the Ayrton Senna racetrack in the city of Goiania.
Piquet admitted he was fortunate not to be seriously injured in the accident, which left his vehicle a smouldering heap of twisted metal, reported Xinhua.
"It all happened so fast but I kept calm," Piquet said. "I knew everything would be Ok. But now I`m not sure what will happen in the next race because we`re going to have to put together a whole new truck."
Nelson Piquet won the Formula One world championship in 1981, 1983 and 1987.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest