Volkswagen leads WRC at halfway point
Wolfsburg: The FIA World Rally Championship (WRC) is in its summer break with the Rally Finland scheduled for August 1-3.
After seven of the 13 races, Volkswagen boast an impressive record, leading the drivers’ and manufacturers’ championships significantly with victories in over 57 percent of this season’s special stages so far, and five wins in seven rounds of the World Championship.
After the latest success in the Volkswagen Polo R WRC for Sébastien Ogier and his co-driver Julien Ingrassia (F/F) at the Rally Italy in Sardinia, debutants Volkswagen lead the manufacturers’ championship on 220 points.
In the drivers’ standings, Ogier is currently top with 154 points, 64 ahead of teammate Jari-Matti Latvala of Finland, who finished third in Sardinia.
“We are very happy with the results as we have far exceeded our original goals. However, we cannot afford to take our foot off the gas but must remain just as focussed in the second half of the season if we want to win the World Championship," said Volkswagen Motorsport director Jost Capito.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- Fiji: Floating island restaurant in middle of ocean
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Jayalalithaa returns as Tamil Nadu CM: As it happened