Volkswagen leads WRC at halfway point
Wolfsburg: The FIA World Rally Championship (WRC) is in its summer break with the Rally Finland scheduled for August 1-3.
After seven of the 13 races, Volkswagen boast an impressive record, leading the drivers’ and manufacturers’ championships significantly with victories in over 57 percent of this season’s special stages so far, and five wins in seven rounds of the World Championship.
After the latest success in the Volkswagen Polo R WRC for Sébastien Ogier and his co-driver Julien Ingrassia (F/F) at the Rally Italy in Sardinia, debutants Volkswagen lead the manufacturers’ championship on 220 points.
In the drivers’ standings, Ogier is currently top with 154 points, 64 ahead of teammate Jari-Matti Latvala of Finland, who finished third in Sardinia.
“We are very happy with the results as we have far exceeded our original goals. However, we cannot afford to take our foot off the gas but must remain just as focussed in the second half of the season if we want to win the World Championship," said Volkswagen Motorsport director Jost Capito.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- I-T department rejects declaration of Rs 2,00,000 crore made under IDS by Mumbai family