Volkswagen leads WRC at halfway point
Wolfsburg: The FIA World Rally Championship (WRC) is in its summer break with the Rally Finland scheduled for August 1-3.
After seven of the 13 races, Volkswagen boast an impressive record, leading the drivers’ and manufacturers’ championships significantly with victories in over 57 percent of this season’s special stages so far, and five wins in seven rounds of the World Championship.
After the latest success in the Volkswagen Polo R WRC for Sébastien Ogier and his co-driver Julien Ingrassia (F/F) at the Rally Italy in Sardinia, debutants Volkswagen lead the manufacturers’ championship on 220 points.
In the drivers’ standings, Ogier is currently top with 154 points, 64 ahead of teammate Jari-Matti Latvala of Finland, who finished third in Sardinia.
“We are very happy with the results as we have far exceeded our original goals. However, we cannot afford to take our foot off the gas but must remain just as focussed in the second half of the season if we want to win the World Championship," said Volkswagen Motorsport director Jost Capito.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India