Will Power races to first IndyCar win
Edmonton: Will Power led almost the entire way Sunday to capture the Rexall Edmonton Indy in a race marred by a pit fire that burned driver Tony Kanaan`ss hands and face.
Power, the first-year driver for Penske Racing, finished 1.094 seconds ahead of teammate Helio Castroneves.
Target Chip Ganassi driver Scott Dixon was third.
Kanaan, the Brazilian driver for Andretti Green, was injured on his first pit stop when the ethanol fuel hose filling his car appeared to not shut off properly, dousing him and his car in fuel.
Seconds later the car caught fire, with Kanaan frantically struggling to free himself as crews doused his No. 11 Dallara Honda with water. Kanaan later waved to the crowd as he was led away for medical tests.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 1 billion reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row