`Manan storms into national snooker final
Gwalior: Manan Chandra today booked his berth in the final of the men`s senior snooker category after defeating Alok Kumar 5-0 in the National Billiards and Snooker Championship, here 15 Feb. 13.
In a lop-sided contest, PSPB`s Chandra reigned supreme on the green baize to outclass his more fancied rival, former Asian snooker champion, Alok in the first semifinal of the day at Gymnasium Hall of Jiwaji University.
Chandra dominated the each frame from the outset and gave limited opportunities to his PSPB compatriot.
Earlier in the day, Chandra had defeated Bihar`s Shivam Arora 5-4 in the quarterfinals to sail into the last-four stage of the championship.
In women`s quarterfinal matches, Delhi`s Keerath Bhandaal scored a hard-fought 3-2 win over Maharashtra`s Arantxa Sanchis to book a semifinal date with Karnataka`s Vidya Pillai who outplayed the reigning national champion Chitra M in straight frames 3-0.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!