`Manan storms into national snooker final
Gwalior: Manan Chandra today booked his berth in the final of the men`s senior snooker category after defeating Alok Kumar 5-0 in the National Billiards and Snooker Championship, here 15 Feb. 13.
In a lop-sided contest, PSPB`s Chandra reigned supreme on the green baize to outclass his more fancied rival, former Asian snooker champion, Alok in the first semifinal of the day at Gymnasium Hall of Jiwaji University.
Chandra dominated the each frame from the outset and gave limited opportunities to his PSPB compatriot.
Earlier in the day, Chandra had defeated Bihar`s Shivam Arora 5-4 in the quarterfinals to sail into the last-four stage of the championship.
In women`s quarterfinal matches, Delhi`s Keerath Bhandaal scored a hard-fought 3-2 win over Maharashtra`s Arantxa Sanchis to book a semifinal date with Karnataka`s Vidya Pillai who outplayed the reigning national champion Chitra M in straight frames 3-0.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation