`Manan storms into national snooker final
Gwalior: Manan Chandra today booked his berth in the final of the men`s senior snooker category after defeating Alok Kumar 5-0 in the National Billiards and Snooker Championship, here 15 Feb. 13.
In a lop-sided contest, PSPB`s Chandra reigned supreme on the green baize to outclass his more fancied rival, former Asian snooker champion, Alok in the first semifinal of the day at Gymnasium Hall of Jiwaji University.
Chandra dominated the each frame from the outset and gave limited opportunities to his PSPB compatriot.
Earlier in the day, Chandra had defeated Bihar`s Shivam Arora 5-4 in the quarterfinals to sail into the last-four stage of the championship.
In women`s quarterfinal matches, Delhi`s Keerath Bhandaal scored a hard-fought 3-2 win over Maharashtra`s Arantxa Sanchis to book a semifinal date with Karnataka`s Vidya Pillai who outplayed the reigning national champion Chitra M in straight frames 3-0.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands