`Manan storms into national snooker final
Gwalior: Manan Chandra today booked his berth in the final of the men`s senior snooker category after defeating Alok Kumar 5-0 in the National Billiards and Snooker Championship, here 15 Feb. 13.
In a lop-sided contest, PSPB`s Chandra reigned supreme on the green baize to outclass his more fancied rival, former Asian snooker champion, Alok in the first semifinal of the day at Gymnasium Hall of Jiwaji University.
Chandra dominated the each frame from the outset and gave limited opportunities to his PSPB compatriot.
Earlier in the day, Chandra had defeated Bihar`s Shivam Arora 5-4 in the quarterfinals to sail into the last-four stage of the championship.
In women`s quarterfinal matches, Delhi`s Keerath Bhandaal scored a hard-fought 3-2 win over Maharashtra`s Arantxa Sanchis to book a semifinal date with Karnataka`s Vidya Pillai who outplayed the reigning national champion Chitra M in straight frames 3-0.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test launches first ever indigenous space shuttle
- PM Modi to meet top Iranian leaders today
- Pakistan denounces US drone strike on Taliban chief Mullah Mansoor
- BJP's Roopa Ganguly attacked by Trinamool workers near Kolkata
- PM Modi in Tehran: India, Iran sign historic pact on Chabahar port