`Strictly` champion Louis Smith `looking to quit` gymnastics for lucrative TV career
London: UK gymnast Louis Smith has hinted that he could turn his back on gymnastics to carve out a career in television.
The Olympic silver medallist said that he will not be returning to competitive gymnastics until 2014 at the earliest, adding that he was open to “six-figure” offers to star in his own reality TV show, the Daily Mail reported.
Showbusiness experts have suggested that the 23-year-old sportsperson could now make 2 million pounds next year.
Almost 14 million viewers tuned in to watch Strictly Come Dancing’s final on Saturday, in which Smith and his professional dance partner Flavia Cacace beat TV presenter Denise Van Outen, singer Kimberley Walsh and actress Dani Harmer.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!