3 Haryana girls in women`s Kabaddi team for WC
Rohtak: Three Haryana girls have been included in the 12-member Indian women`s team for the Kabaddi World Cup in Patna from March 1.
Kavita, Priyanka and Promila were drafted into the team by the national selectors on basis of their performance in the recently held national and international tournaments, the coach of the Indian Womem`s Kabaddi team, Sunil Dabas said.
"Indian Kabaddi team is the strong contender to win the first World Cup on its home soil. All these players are technically sound and have given marvelous performances in various tournaments held in past," Dabas said.
The coach said this is for the first time when the World Cup Kabaddi tournament for women is being organised by International Kabaddi Federation (IKF) and the four-day event will be a great test for our athletes.
"The World Cup is the biggest tournament as various teams across the world will participate in it to win the coveted title," she added.
Kavita was the member of Indian Kabaddi team, which won gold medal in Beach SAF Games 2011. She also grabbed the title of `Best Catcher` in the Super National Women Kabaddi Tournament held last month in Mumbai.
Priyanka also performed well in Beach Asian Games 2010 and Beach SAF Games 2011 besides clinching the title of `Best Raider` in Mumbai.
Promila, meanwhile, has represented India in 2nd Asian Championship 2007 held in Iran, the coach informed.
"Indian Kabaddi team is the strong contender to win the first World Cup on its home soil," claimed the coach.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand