AAI president congratulates Indian Archery team
New Delhi: The President of Archery Association of India (AAI), Vijay Kumar Malhotra today congratulated Indian archery contingent for winning a gold and two bronze medals in the third World Cup Archery Championship at Medellin, Columbia.
Malhotra applauded the efforts of recurve women trio -- Deepika Kumari, Laishram Bombayla Devi and Rimil Buruily -- for clinching gold by beating the Chinese team in which two Olympic medal winners were playing.
He also praised the compound men`s team comprising Rajat Chouhan, K Ratan Singh and L Hari Das over Columbia to bag bronze medal, as well as Deepika Kumari and Atanu Dass for claiming bronze in Recurve Mixed event.
"The 3rd World Cup-Medellin was the most successful event during the current calendar year 2013 and will certainly boost the preparation of Indian Archery team for future important events like World Championship, Asian Championship and Asian Games," Malhotra said in a statement.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- Kerala: Medical college prohibits girls from wearing jeans, noisy ornaments
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- DNA: Analysing the derogatory remarks made by Chinese Newspaper on Indians
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption