AAI president congratulates Indian Archery team
New Delhi: The President of Archery Association of India (AAI), Vijay Kumar Malhotra today congratulated Indian archery contingent for winning a gold and two bronze medals in the third World Cup Archery Championship at Medellin, Columbia.
Malhotra applauded the efforts of recurve women trio -- Deepika Kumari, Laishram Bombayla Devi and Rimil Buruily -- for clinching gold by beating the Chinese team in which two Olympic medal winners were playing.
He also praised the compound men`s team comprising Rajat Chouhan, K Ratan Singh and L Hari Das over Columbia to bag bronze medal, as well as Deepika Kumari and Atanu Dass for claiming bronze in Recurve Mixed event.
"The 3rd World Cup-Medellin was the most successful event during the current calendar year 2013 and will certainly boost the preparation of Indian Archery team for future important events like World Championship, Asian Championship and Asian Games," Malhotra said in a statement.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog
- VIDEO: When helicopter shot came to haunt Team India and skipper MS Dhoni himself