Advani, Mehta set for China Open snooker
New Delhi: Indian snooker stars Pankaj Advani and and Aditya Mehta are all set to compete in the China Open, to be held in Beijing from March 31 to April 6, and will will be the last ranking tournament before the World Championship.
Both the players are leaving tonight for the tournament, to be organised at the Beijing Students University Stadium.
In the round of 64, the 52-ranked Advani will take on Ricky Walden and should he win, will take on winner of the match between Xiao Guodong and Hammad Miah.
Mehta, ranked 50 in the world, meets Mark King and should he win will take on the winner of match between Marco Fu and Li Hang.
This is the final ranking event before World championship at Crucible Theatre ? Sheffield from April 19 to May 5.
All matches up to and including quarterfinals will be best of nine frames, the two semifinals are best of 11 frames and the final is best of 19 (9/10) frames.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SC allows Italian marine Salvatore Girone to return home
- Bihar: Former Bihar CM Jitan Manjhi's convoy attacked in Gaya
- Punjab and Haryana HC stays reservation for Jats, 5 other communities
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part II