After IPL triumph, King Khan to buy 50% stake in Dempo SC?
Zeenews Sports Bureau
New Delhi: Days after his franchise won the Indian Premier League, Shah Rukh Khan has now decided to diversify and invest in football as well. As per reports, King Khan has decided to acquire 50 per cent shares of Dempo SC, one of India’s oldest football clubs for around Rs 30 crore.
The deal hasn’t been finalized yet, but the officials from Dempo confirmed about the negotiations which are in process. Shah Rukh is however not the only one to bid for it. A renowned Indian cricketer, who is a fan of soccer along with some corporate houses are said to be in the race.
Shrinivas Dempo, the owner of Dempo SC said that even though nothing has been finalized yet, he has met the star on several occasions and the talks between them have been very positive. He also added that though 50 per cent stake in the club would be given away, they shall retain its name.
Shah Rukh is bidding for the investment in the football club through Red Chillies, which is also an investor in the IPL franchisee Kolkata Knight Riders.
SRK is likely to be the main contender as he brings brand equity along with him. His association with Indian soccer is also seen as a boost for the sport.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- Hope intellectuals from India, China take part in Mind and Life conference: Dalai Lama
- Despite carnage, Syria`s Aleppo not in fighting `freeze`
- AP Board SSC class 10th Results 2016 is likely to be declared on May 5
- Deal reached in Ireland to form minority government: Party
- Venkaiah Naidu, Siddaramaiah flag off south India's first underground Metro