After IPL triumph, King Khan to buy 50% stake in Dempo SC?
Zeenews Sports Bureau
New Delhi: Days after his franchise won the Indian Premier League, Shah Rukh Khan has now decided to diversify and invest in football as well. As per reports, King Khan has decided to acquire 50 per cent shares of Dempo SC, one of India’s oldest football clubs for around Rs 30 crore.
The deal hasn’t been finalized yet, but the officials from Dempo confirmed about the negotiations which are in process. Shah Rukh is however not the only one to bid for it. A renowned Indian cricketer, who is a fan of soccer along with some corporate houses are said to be in the race.
Shrinivas Dempo, the owner of Dempo SC said that even though nothing has been finalized yet, he has met the star on several occasions and the talks between them have been very positive. He also added that though 50 per cent stake in the club would be given away, they shall retain its name.
Shah Rukh is bidding for the investment in the football club through Red Chillies, which is also an investor in the IPL franchisee Kolkata Knight Riders.
SRK is likely to be the main contender as he brings brand equity along with him. His association with Indian soccer is also seen as a boost for the sport.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM
- Should there be strict laws against cow slaughter? Uttar Pradesh CM Yogi Adityanath seeks public opinion