Aim to be in top 30 at World Cup Finals: Shiva Keshavan
Innsbruck (Austria): Asian Luge champion Shiva Keshavan, who is participating in the Luge World Cup series here this weekend, says that he aims to finish in top 30.
"I am aiming to be in the top 30 and compete in the World Cup finals on Sunday. We are experimenting with some equipment and it will be interesting how it works on race ice. I will have to make up for my tail ending start number as I did not take part in the last seasons` World Cups due to lack of government support. I am still hoping for this to change in the near future", says Shiva in a press release from Innsbruck.
Keshavan has been training on the track this week and will be representing India at the 45th World Cup series which kicks-off Nov 24 with 31 participating nations and 160 sleds.
Innsbruck hosted two winter Olympic Games, in 1964 and in 1976.
The World Cup Finals` qualifiers will be held Nov 23 where 160 sleds will compete to grab a spot in the top 30, who will further compete in the finals Nov 24-25.
Among the participating athletes are current Olympic medallists Felix Loch and David Moeller of Germany, Armin Zoeggeler of Italy, Tatjana Huefner of Germany and Andreas and Wolfgang Linger of Austria.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- News reporter Hemant Yadav shot by unidentified bikers
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?