Aim to be in top 30 at World Cup Finals: Shiva Keshavan
Innsbruck (Austria): Asian Luge champion Shiva Keshavan, who is participating in the Luge World Cup series here this weekend, says that he aims to finish in top 30.
"I am aiming to be in the top 30 and compete in the World Cup finals on Sunday. We are experimenting with some equipment and it will be interesting how it works on race ice. I will have to make up for my tail ending start number as I did not take part in the last seasons` World Cups due to lack of government support. I am still hoping for this to change in the near future", says Shiva in a press release from Innsbruck.
Keshavan has been training on the track this week and will be representing India at the 45th World Cup series which kicks-off Nov 24 with 31 participating nations and 160 sleds.
Innsbruck hosted two winter Olympic Games, in 1964 and in 1976.
The World Cup Finals` qualifiers will be held Nov 23 where 160 sleds will compete to grab a spot in the top 30, who will further compete in the finals Nov 24-25.
Among the participating athletes are current Olympic medallists Felix Loch and David Moeller of Germany, Armin Zoeggeler of Italy, Tatjana Huefner of Germany and Andreas and Wolfgang Linger of Austria.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday