Air India, Andhra lifts junior inter-state badminton titles
Chandigarh: Air India and Andhra Pradesh registered contrasting victories to lift the boys` and girls` team titles, respectively, in the 38th Inter State-Inter Zonal Badminton Championships here Saturday.
While Air India had to come from behind to beat Kerala 2-1 to lift the Narang Cup, Andhra Pradesh blanked Air India girls 2-0 to carve their name on the Shafi Qureshi Cup.
In the boys` final, Air India were dealt with an early blow when Aditya Joshi was upset by Arun George 21-23, 21-15, 21-11.
But Shlok Ramchandran and Sanyam Shukla restored parity with a 21-10, 21-17 win over Arun and Shyam Prasad before Harsheel Dani clinched the tie beating Shyam Prasad 21-12, 21-14.
In the girls` final, the quality of G. Ruthvika Shivani and Rituparna Das proved too much to handle for the Air India girls.
Narang Cup (Boys): Air India bt Kerala 2-1 (Aditya Joshi lost to Arun George 21-23, 21-15, 21-11; Shlok Ramchandran/Sanyam Shukla bt Shyam Prasad/Arun George 21-10, 21-17; Harsheel Dani bt Shyam Prasad 21-12, 21-14).
Shafi Qureshi Cup (Girls): Andhra Pradesh bt Air India 2-0 (Ruthvika Shivani bt Reshma Karthik 21-9, 21-15; J. Meghana/Rituparna Das bt Reshma Karthik/V. Harika 21-7, 21-14).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?