Akshay takes 3 gold, Lalu bags one silver and 2 bronze
New Delhi: Akshay B Gaikwad clinched three gold medals while Lalu Taku bagged a silver and two bronze as Indian Weightlifters continued to shine at the 15th Asian Youth Weightlifting Championships in Doha.
After two days, India now has secured eight gold, five silver and four bronze medals in the championship.
Akshay clinched a gold each in snatch and clean and jerk (C&J) with efforts of 109kg and 135kg respectively, to secure overall first position in the 62kg category.
Lalu (69 kg) bagged a silver in snatch and followed it up with a bronze in C&J and finished with overall effort of 242 kg to claim another bronze.
In the 44kg girls category, Chandrika Tarafdar had secured overall first position yesterday by lifting total weight of 131kg in the two lifts while fellow team-mate Dipali Gursale had to settle for a silver with an overall effort of 123 kg in the same discipline.
Earlier, TBC Lalchhanhima (56kg) claimed overall bronze with lifts of 90 and 130kg.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Monsoon's after-effects troubling everyday lives in cities
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Mumbai local crashes into platform at Churchgate Station
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- #SelfieWithDaughter trends worldwide on Twitter after PM Modi's 'Mann Ki Baat'
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him