Akshay takes 3 gold, Lalu bags one silver and 2 bronze
New Delhi: Akshay B Gaikwad clinched three gold medals while Lalu Taku bagged a silver and two bronze as Indian Weightlifters continued to shine at the 15th Asian Youth Weightlifting Championships in Doha.
After two days, India now has secured eight gold, five silver and four bronze medals in the championship.
Akshay clinched a gold each in snatch and clean and jerk (C&J) with efforts of 109kg and 135kg respectively, to secure overall first position in the 62kg category.
Lalu (69 kg) bagged a silver in snatch and followed it up with a bronze in C&J and finished with overall effort of 242 kg to claim another bronze.
In the 44kg girls category, Chandrika Tarafdar had secured overall first position yesterday by lifting total weight of 131kg in the two lifts while fellow team-mate Dipali Gursale had to settle for a silver with an overall effort of 123 kg in the same discipline.
Earlier, TBC Lalchhanhima (56kg) claimed overall bronze with lifts of 90 and 130kg.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Maggi samples found unsafe: Delhi government
- DNA: Analysis of Vijay Mallya's 'fund transfer formula'
- IMD forecasts 'deficient' Monsoon, drought-like conditions expected
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing