All India U-25 snooker from Aug 1
Mumbai: Maharashtra junior and sub junior champion Ishpreet Singh Chadha and former state junior champion Rovin D’Souza are among the cueists who would take part in the Malabar Hill Club-BSAM All India Under-25 Snooker Challenge 3 to be held here from August 1 to 6.
Asian 6-Red snooker bronze medallist Laxman Rawat, former Maharashtra junior billiards and snooker champion Jaiveer Dhingra, Aditya Agrawal of Indian Snooker Academy and NSCI semi-finalist Pranit Ramchandani of Tamil Nadu are the other notable entrants.
Entries have also come in from Bangalore, Patna and Madhya Pradesh, a media release said.
This is the third in a series of four under-25 tournaments organised by the Billiards and Snooker Association of Maharashtra. The fourth is scheduled in Pune.
Challenge 3 is a league-cum-knock out tournament with a draw of 32 players, including 8 qualifiers. Players will be split into eight groups of four each with the top two from each group qualifying for the knock out stage.
All league matches will be played over best-of-five frames up to the quarter finals while the semi-finals and final will be played over best-of-seven frames.
Prize money and trophies will be awarded to the last eight players, a media release said here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Panel discussion on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's hanging
- Shashi Tharoor condems Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez