All nine Pakistani players in HIL to return home
Zeenews Sports Bureau
New Delhi: All nine Pakistani players taking part in the Hockey India League are going to return home following threats to the players from the Shiv Sena in Mumbai following the recent incident at the LOC.
Reports suggest that the Pakistan Hockey Federation (PHF) has been informed of this step as the players head home. The PHF had earlier made a statement saying that the nine Pakistan players taking part in the Indian Hockey League in India were safe and there was no security concern regarding their participation in the event.
But after further protests and Shiv Sena threats, it was decided that all the nine players who were to take part in the Hockey India League would be made to head back to their country, keeping their safety in mind.
With PTI inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened