America`s Cup winners to reunite in Australia
America`s Cup champion Oracle will reunite its crew next month in Sydney to begin training for the 35th edition of the famed yachting races.
Oracle won the final eight races to defeat Team New Zealand 9-8 last September off San Francisco in one of the great comebacks in sporting history.
The team has scheduled a March training session against Team Australia, which represents the Hamilton Island Yacht Club of Queensland, the official Challenger of Record for the next America`s Cup.
Oracle has shipped one of its AC45 catamarans to Australia for training before the sailing team returns to the United States later this year.
"This training session on Sydney Harbour is the first of a series of trials and training sessions for our sailing team and will be the first time our sailors have been together since the America`s Cup," sailing team manager Tom Slingsby said.
"We will welcome back some old faces and introduce some new blood as we look for the right crew combination for the sailing team for the 35th America`s Cup.
"These sessions will be coordinated with Team Australia and we`re looking forward to sailing against this new Cup team."
Skipper Jimmy Spithill and strategist Slingsby will both return to lead Oracle`s defense of the Cup. No dates or venues have been confirmed for the next edition of the event.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda