Anand beats top seed Aronian in first game of Candidates
Khanty Mansiysyk (Russia): Five-time world champion Viswanathan Anand displayed top form to beat top seed and rating-favourite Levon Aronian of Armenia in the first game of the first round of the Candidates chess tournament here today.
Anand made most of the offered opportunities and came on top as Aronian proved no match in the complexities that ensued.
The Indian ace was seen at the top of his game for the major part of the high intensity game.
Anand showed to the world his capabilities when no one believed in him and the result against Aronian is an attestation to the fact that the Indian ace is here to stay.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- REVEALED: Outdoing Virat Kohli makes AB de Villiers 'proud' - Here's why!
- Birthday special: Anushka Sharma is the selfie queen of Bollywood! Here's a proof
- UNBELIEVABLE! CEO of Baba Ramdev's Patanjali Ayurved works for 15 hours/day but takes no salary!
- Technology has opened up our cinema to everybody: Aishwarya Rai Bachchan
- HILARIOUS! How Virender Sehwag trolled birthday boy Rohit Sharma in his inimitable style