Anita Chanu wins bronze in Asian Judo Championships
New Delhi: Angom Anita Chanu opened India`s account at the Senior Asian Judo Championships in Bangkok by clinching a bronze medal on the first day of the event.
She defeated the judokas from Korea, Uzbekistan and Kazakhstan.
Chanu, an Arjuna awardee, is showing good results after a long gap. In the year 2003, she had won a bronze medal in the Asian Judo championships in Korea.
Among other Indians, L Niruplam Devi (57kg) finished fifth, while Navjot Chana (60kg) and Rajni Bal (48Kg) ended seventh by winning two bouts in their respective weight categories.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- Gurdaspur terror attack: Blow-by-blow account
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea