Athletics dope hearing adjourned till Oct 4
New Delhi: The dope hearing of the six tainted track and field athletes, including Asian Games double gold medallist Ashwini Akkunji, has been adjourned for October 4 after their counsel sought for more documents.
All the six athletes -- Mandeep Kaur, Sini Jose, Mary Tiana Thomas, Priyanka Pawar, Jauna Murmu and Akkunji – who flunked dope tests for banned steroids were present at the hearing at the National Anti-Doping Agency headquarters on Wednesday.
After they sought for documents relating to their `B` sample testing, the NADA Anti-Disciplinary Panel headed by retired District Judge Dinesh Dayal adjourned the case till October 4.
In the last hearing on August 18, the six quartermilers had sought some documents relating to the testing of their `A` samples.
Out of the eighth athletes, whose positive tests led to one of the country`s biggest doping scandals, shot putter Sonia has been handed a two-year ban by the NADA Anti-Disciplinary Panel.
The case of long jumper Harikrishna Muralidharan will come up separately on September 16.
The `B` samples of all the eight athletes have returned positive for anabolic steroids and they have been put under provisional suspension.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Jallikattu protests continue in Tamil Nadu, sea of protesters camp on Marina beach