Australia names boxing team for London
Sydney: Australia has named its largest-ever Olympic boxing team with representatives in every men`s weight division for the London Games.
The contingent will be led by world No. 2-ranked light heavyweight Damien Hooper, considered the best chance of giving Australia its first Olympic boxing medal since 1988.
Hooper qualified after reaching the quarterfinals of the recent world championships in Azerbaijan before being beaten by eventual world champion Julio Cesar La Cruz.
The squad, announced Monday by the Australian Olympic Committee, also includes light flyweight Billy Ward, flyweight Jackson Woods, bantamweight Ibrahim Balla, lightweight Luke Jackson, light welterweight Jeff Horn, welterweight Cameron Hammond, middleweight Jesse Ross, heavyweight Jai Opetaia and super heavyweight Johan Linde. (AP)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'