Bangalore franchise kabaddi team launched
Bangalore: India`s indigenous sport of Kabaddi took a big step forward with the launch of the Bangalore franchise team named Bengaluru Bulls, backed by the Kosmik Global Media, here Wednesday for the forthcoming Pro Kabaddi League.
The league which will be run on a franchisee-based model featuring eight city-based franchises playing in a caravan style format.
The Bengaluru Bulls team, comprising 12 players, sported their official team jersey at a press conference along with the launch of the team anthem.
The Bengaluru Bulls franchisee is confident of doing well in the first edition, having selected a strong team of coaching staff and a top pool of current national players.
The team`s head coach is Randhir Singh who has an outstanding record as an ex-player and also as a successful coach on the national circuit with the Railways.
This unique effort has the formal backing by the International Kabaddi Federation (IKF), the Asian Kabaddi Federation (AKF) and the Amateur Kabaddi Federation of India (AKFI), who will be closely associated with the organization and delivery of this event.
Speaking at the launch, Uday Sinh Wala, CEO, Kosmik Global Media and owner of Bengaluru Bulls said: "It is indeed a very proud moment for us to be associated with this venture which aims at promoting the sport of Kabaddi among today`s youth.
"Kabaddi is arguably the most participated sport in the country, the only true Indian sport and hence we take immense pride in associating with it. I wish all the other the franchises all the best and urge them to put their best foot forward to win the title."
The franchise plans to develop Kabaddi through partnership with the regional Karnataka State association and it plans to build a successful sports franchisee operated as a self-sustaining business model off the field.
Bengaluru Bulls will face Delhi Dynamos in their first match at NSCI, Mumbai. A total of 60 matches will be played across all eight cities with the finals being held in Bangalore.
Also present at the launch was Shayamal Vallabhjee, MD Heal Institute, the Official Sports Medicine and High Performance Partner for Bengaluru Bulls.
Shyamal said: "This year`s Pro Kabaddi League is guaranteed to challenge every player`s physical prowess and mental agility. The question is how a team can gain a competitive advantage in an already high performing environment.
"I believe that this year, the science of recovery will be the secret to success. We at HEAL have taken every possible step to ensure that the Bengaluru Bulls use science to enhance performance."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Couple in Bihar asked to pay Rs 50,000 as 'tax' for inter-caste marriage
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- No alliance with JD-U in Bihar: BJP
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Preity Zinta missed crew of 'ABCD 2' on 'Nach Baliye 7'
- Congress comes out with scathing 'report card' on PM Narendra Modi's 1yr rule