Bangalore franchise kabaddi team launched
Bangalore: India`s indigenous sport of Kabaddi took a big step forward with the launch of the Bangalore franchise team named Bengaluru Bulls, backed by the Kosmik Global Media, here Wednesday for the forthcoming Pro Kabaddi League.
The league which will be run on a franchisee-based model featuring eight city-based franchises playing in a caravan style format.
The Bengaluru Bulls team, comprising 12 players, sported their official team jersey at a press conference along with the launch of the team anthem.
The Bengaluru Bulls franchisee is confident of doing well in the first edition, having selected a strong team of coaching staff and a top pool of current national players.
The team`s head coach is Randhir Singh who has an outstanding record as an ex-player and also as a successful coach on the national circuit with the Railways.
This unique effort has the formal backing by the International Kabaddi Federation (IKF), the Asian Kabaddi Federation (AKF) and the Amateur Kabaddi Federation of India (AKFI), who will be closely associated with the organization and delivery of this event.
Speaking at the launch, Uday Sinh Wala, CEO, Kosmik Global Media and owner of Bengaluru Bulls said: "It is indeed a very proud moment for us to be associated with this venture which aims at promoting the sport of Kabaddi among today`s youth.
"Kabaddi is arguably the most participated sport in the country, the only true Indian sport and hence we take immense pride in associating with it. I wish all the other the franchises all the best and urge them to put their best foot forward to win the title."
The franchise plans to develop Kabaddi through partnership with the regional Karnataka State association and it plans to build a successful sports franchisee operated as a self-sustaining business model off the field.
Bengaluru Bulls will face Delhi Dynamos in their first match at NSCI, Mumbai. A total of 60 matches will be played across all eight cities with the finals being held in Bangalore.
Also present at the launch was Shayamal Vallabhjee, MD Heal Institute, the Official Sports Medicine and High Performance Partner for Bengaluru Bulls.
Shyamal said: "This year`s Pro Kabaddi League is guaranteed to challenge every player`s physical prowess and mental agility. The question is how a team can gain a competitive advantage in an already high performing environment.
"I believe that this year, the science of recovery will be the secret to success. We at HEAL have taken every possible step to ensure that the Bengaluru Bulls use science to enhance performance."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch - Parrikar's reply to Mamata's military coup claim
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'