Bindra, Gopichand to inspire India`s aspiring Olympians
Bangalore : India`s only individual Olympic gold medallist Abhinav Bindra and former All-England Champion Pullela Gopichand will share their experience and knowledge with aspiring Olympians and Paralympians on sports performance and career related topics during GoSports Foundation`s inaugural Athletes` Conclave on July 17.
The Athletes` Conclave is aimed at creating an interactive platform, providing a unique opportunity for aspiring young athletes to interact with each other, while enriching their game and their sporting journeys through sessions by Bindra and Gopichand, among others.
"My own Olympic journey has been extremely challenging and deeply fulfilling at the same time. I look forward to having an opportunity to share this journey and what I have learnt from it with the new crop of Indian sporting talent," Bindra said about his participation at the event.
Aiming to provide a platform that enables interaction, information and inspiration, the conclave will play host to top junior and elite Indian athletes across multiple sporting disciplines who will be in attendance.
The programme will feature lectures and seminars from some of India`s leading experts in the fields of sports, journalism, law and sports sciences. The topics that will be covered range from an athlete`s mental preparation for a match to communication skills required to deal with journalists.
Speaking of the opportunity to connect with the country`s young talent at the conclave, Gopichand said, "Representing your country in your chosen sport is a rare honour, and only a few athletes get this opportunity. Even fewer get to experience the joy of winning an Olympic medal."
Speaking on the need for the Athletes` Conclave, GoSports Foundation`s Managing Trustee Nandan Kamath shared, "Through this conclave, we are working towards better informed and empowered members of Team India and we strongly believe that the small steps taken through this initiative will contribute to the future of our nation`s Olympic dreams."
Elite junior athletes interested in attending the event can e-mail foundation@gosports.In to request an invitation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system?
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system? - Part II
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system? - Part III
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system? - Part IV
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system? - Part V
- IPL 2016, Eliminator: Sunrisers Hyderabad vs Kolkata Knight Riders — As it happened...
- RJD nominates expelled BJP leader Ram Jethmalani, ex-Bihar CM Rabri Devi to Rajya Sabha
- Apple Inc may never open retail stores in India: Here is why!
- Congress targets Amitabh Bachchan over Modi govt's 2nd anniversary event, says 'wrong message being sent'
- WTO sees Brexit costing UK billions in trade tariffs: FT