Bindra, Gopichand to inspire India`s aspiring Olympians
Bangalore : India`s only individual Olympic gold medallist Abhinav Bindra and former All-England Champion Pullela Gopichand will share their experience and knowledge with aspiring Olympians and Paralympians on sports performance and career related topics during GoSports Foundation`s inaugural Athletes` Conclave on July 17.
The Athletes` Conclave is aimed at creating an interactive platform, providing a unique opportunity for aspiring young athletes to interact with each other, while enriching their game and their sporting journeys through sessions by Bindra and Gopichand, among others.
"My own Olympic journey has been extremely challenging and deeply fulfilling at the same time. I look forward to having an opportunity to share this journey and what I have learnt from it with the new crop of Indian sporting talent," Bindra said about his participation at the event.
Aiming to provide a platform that enables interaction, information and inspiration, the conclave will play host to top junior and elite Indian athletes across multiple sporting disciplines who will be in attendance.
The programme will feature lectures and seminars from some of India`s leading experts in the fields of sports, journalism, law and sports sciences. The topics that will be covered range from an athlete`s mental preparation for a match to communication skills required to deal with journalists.
Speaking of the opportunity to connect with the country`s young talent at the conclave, Gopichand said, "Representing your country in your chosen sport is a rare honour, and only a few athletes get this opportunity. Even fewer get to experience the joy of winning an Olympic medal."
Speaking on the need for the Athletes` Conclave, GoSports Foundation`s Managing Trustee Nandan Kamath shared, "Through this conclave, we are working towards better informed and empowered members of Team India and we strongly believe that the small steps taken through this initiative will contribute to the future of our nation`s Olympic dreams."
Elite junior athletes interested in attending the event can e-mail foundation@gosports.In to request an invitation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested