Bolt, Fraser-Pryce named to Jamaica`s Commonwealth team
Usain Bolt and Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce were named to Jamaica`s 68-member team for next month`s Commonwealth Games, a source with the Jamaica Athletics Administrative Association said on Thursday.
Both sprinters, who each received medical exceptions to miss last week`s Jamaican senior trials, have only been entered to compete in the 4x100m relays, the source told Reuters.
In early June Bolt withdrew from meetings at the Ostrava World Challenge and Paris Diamond League meet because he felt his conditioning was not at his required standard.
The inclusion of six time Olympic gold medallist Bolt and twice Olympic 100 metres champion Fraser-Pryce in the July 23-Aug. 3 event in Glasgow, Scotland, is a boost for organisers of the multi-sport Commonwealth Games.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- How to deactivate WhatsApp if your mobile is stolen or lost
- WATCH: Axar Patel performs Champion dance after dismissing Dwayne Bravo for 0
- Australian state Parliament evacuated over suspicious package
- Stop spending money on festivities; focus on education, healthcare: RSS to temples
- Sensex tanks over 200 points on rout in Japan; Nifty below 7,800-mark