Bolt named World Athlete of the Year
Barcelona: Jamaican sprinter Usain Bolt on Saturday won the IAAF World Athlete of the Year award for the fourth time over United States hurdler Aries Merritt and Kenyan runner David Rudisha.
Bolt who defended his 100 and 200 meter gold medals at 2012 London Olympics, had previously won the award in 2008, 2009, and 2011.
United States sprinter Allyson Felix won the women`s World Athlete of the Year award. The other finalists were Valerie Adams and Jessica Ennis.
The awards were announced on the final day of the IAAF`s 100th anniversary celebration.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Beware! Fake currency notes floating in market this Diwali
- Intelligence agencies warn of firing by Pakistan along LoC, international border
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country