Bolt named World Athlete of the Year
Barcelona: Jamaican sprinter Usain Bolt on Saturday won the IAAF World Athlete of the Year award for the fourth time over United States hurdler Aries Merritt and Kenyan runner David Rudisha.
Bolt who defended his 100 and 200 meter gold medals at 2012 London Olympics, had previously won the award in 2008, 2009, and 2011.
United States sprinter Allyson Felix won the women`s World Athlete of the Year award. The other finalists were Valerie Adams and Jessica Ennis.
The awards were announced on the final day of the IAAF`s 100th anniversary celebration.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city