Bolt versus Blake at IAAF Diamond League in Brussels
Kingston: Training partners Yohan Blake and Usain Bolt will face off on the tracks at the Belgacom Memorial Van Damme in the IAAF Diamond League later this year in Brussels.
Blake has competed in the event twice before, once in 2011 when he romped to a 19.26-second clocking in the 200m, the second fastest time ever recorded, behind Bolt`s record 19.19 seconds from the 2008 Beijing Olympics.
A year later, Blake returned to run 19.54 seconds, the third fastest time of his career, only surpassed by his 19.26 and his second-place 19.44 finish behind Bolt at last summer`s London Olympics.
It`s the third consecutive year that both sprinters will run at the meet.
Blake is currently sidelined with an injury suffered at a recent track and field event in Jamaica two weeks ago.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!