Boxing champ Amir Khan vows career won`t slow down even after marriage
London: Former boxing world champion Amir Khan has said that getting married will not distract him from his boxing career, and added that he aims to continue on his comeback and win back a world title.
Khan has shelved fighting to get hitched to Faryal Makhdoom and will not return until December and a possible clash with International Boxing Federation (IBF) welterweight champ Devon Alexander.
The former World Boxing Association (WBA) and IBF light-welterweight king is also planning a mini-training camp after his honeymoon.
Stating that boxing is still his priority, Khan said that his wife understands that the game is important to him, adding that since he has only a few years left on his career, he has to maximise his window as he had 31 fights as a professional.
According to Khan, the remaining three to four years would be his peak years, adding that since he wants to retire before he is 30, he needed to maximise his career and make sure that he is not cheating himself.
Khan further said that it is wish to have superfights against the likes of boxing greats like Floyd Mayweather Junior, be world champion again and climb up that pound-for-pound ladder.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS