British Olympian gets stolen medal back in the mail
London: One of the two bronze medals stolen from British Olympians earlier this week at a London discotheque was returned via mail, police said Friday.
The medal won by 28-year-old Hannah Macleod as a member of the British field hockey team arrived Friday at the English Hockey office in an envelope with no return address.
Macleod and rower Alex Partridge said their medals went missing as they were celebrating at an upscale club after a reception Tuesday night with Queen Elizabeth II at Buckingham Palace.
Partridge and Macleod took off their Olympic blazers - with the medals inside - at the club, where they and other British Olympians partied into the early hours of Wednesday, police said.
The 31-year-old Partridge announced the theft on Twitter early Wednesday.
"My medal was also stolen at the same time. Totally devastated," Macleod tweeted soon after.
British police arrested a 29-year-old man Thursday in connection with the theft. He was subsequently released on bail.
While police recovered one of the two Olympic blazers, the other jacket and Partridge`s medal remain missing.
"We are still looking to recover the second medal, and we stress that our inquiries remain active," Detective Chief Inspector James Harman said Friday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Karnataka: Baby with four legs, two male sex organs born in Raichur