Carvolho hails Batra`s exclusion from four-member delegation
New Delhi: Olympian Joaquim Carvalho has hailed IOA`s decision not to include Hockey India secretary Narinder Batra in the four-member delegation, which will accompany Sports Ministry officials for a meeting with the IOC in Lausanne on May 15 to find a way for India`s return to the Olympic movement.
Carvalho said a person like Batra, who is solely responsible for the mess in Indian hockey, doesn`t deserve to be part of the delegation.
"If Indian sports has to grow we do not need people like Narinder Batra to represent the Indian sports fraternity to discuss about the IOA`s recognition with IOC," the former India coach said.
"Can we have Abhinav Bindra sharing the platform with Batra at Lausanne? He has been the root cause for the current dispute in Indian hockey.
"With the help of tainted Suresh Kalmadi and Lalit Bhanot he created this parallel body called Hockey India and got it affiliated to the International Hockey Federation (FIH) even before it was registered which has been proved by the judicial commission of the FIH," Carvalho claimed.
"Batra is not part of the government delegation to Lausanne, neither is he part of Malhotra`s delegation. But not surprisingly, his name figured in the list of the Abhay Singh Chautala delegation to Lausanne."
Carvalho claimed the Batra-led HI refused to adopt the government guidelines on age and tenure restrictions during HI elections.
Interestingly, the names of Batra and Jharkhand Olympic Association president R K Anand did not figure in the delegation though some media reports had listed them.
The list includes the names of Vijay Kumar Malhotra (Acting President of IOA), N Ramachandran (Patron, Squash Rackets Federation of India), Tarlochan Singh (vice-president, Archery Association of India) and S Raghunathan (President, Indian Kayaking Canoeing Association).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP