Cash reward for Mary Kom
Guwahati: Union Minister of Department of North East Region (DONER) Pawan Singh Ghatowar today announced a cash award of Rs 40 lakh for Olympic bronze-medallist boxer M C Mary Kom and Rs five lakh to all London Games participants from the North East.
Ghatowar will visit Manipur from September 15 to 17 next and review the NEC and DONER funded projects in Manipur and visit land custom station in Moreh, inaugurate a seminar on Policies and Problems of Sports in the Northeast being organized by the Manipur Olympic Association.
The Olympic Games participants from North East would also be felicitated by the minister during his visit to Manipur.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- 'Selfie with daughter' controversy: Bollywood supports Shruti Seth