Cash reward for Mary Kom
Guwahati: Union Minister of Department of North East Region (DONER) Pawan Singh Ghatowar today announced a cash award of Rs 40 lakh for Olympic bronze-medallist boxer M C Mary Kom and Rs five lakh to all London Games participants from the North East.
Ghatowar will visit Manipur from September 15 to 17 next and review the NEC and DONER funded projects in Manipur and visit land custom station in Moreh, inaugurate a seminar on Policies and Problems of Sports in the Northeast being organized by the Manipur Olympic Association.
The Olympic Games participants from North East would also be felicitated by the minister during his visit to Manipur.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!