Chennai Cheetahs beat Bhopal Badshahs 4-1
Chennai: Chennai Cheetahs scored an emphatic 4-1 victory over Bhopal Badshahs to register their third straight win in the Bridgestone World Series Hockey tournament on Tuesday.
In all counts, it was a convincing win for the hosts as they controlled the game well and managed to gain nine penalty corners despite a strong defence and excellent saves from goalkeeper Baljit Singh.
After Pakistani centre-half Waseem Ahmed drew the first blood in the third minute, Pakistan`s ace drag flicker Syed Imran Warsi found the equaliser from their third penalty corner in the fifth minute.
The second quarter proved to be barren as the teams enjoyed equal share of ball possession. In the third quarter, the main Cheetah`s player, Vikram Pillay successfully converted a penalty stroke in the 53rd minute when a Warsi drag flick brushed the left shoulder of a defender close to the left post and TV replays helped umpire to decide the verdict.
In the 62nd minute, Adam Sinclaire scored the third goal for Cheetahs and Vikam Pillay made it 4-1 in the 67th minute. Warsi has scored 15 goals in the tournament so far.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster