China record first win in Stankovic Cup basketball
Guangzhou (China): China recorded their first win in Stankovic Continental Champions Cup basketball tournament beating Nigeria 58-52 here.
Despite their first victory in the basketball tournament Friday, China`s Greek coach Yannakis was not satisfied with his players` performance.
"We made a couple of mistakes in the first half and lost many rebounds. Although we came back in the second half, we still couldn`t concentrate on the game 100 percent," said Yannakis.
Nigerian centre Oyedeji, who previously played for several teams in the Chinese league, led an 8-0 run for Nigeria in the first half as the African team went up 33-27 at the break.
China strengthened their defence in the third quarter as Yi Jianlian scored a game-high 16 points to help the Asians reverse the game eventually.
"We are a very young team and failed to execute coach`s tactics well in the second half," said Oyedeji.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Safa Baig: What you need to know about Irfan Pathan's lady love
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Katrina Kaif’s views on ‘intolerance’ in the country - Here's what the actress said
- Irfan Pathan marries 21-year-old Safa Baig in low-key affair