China record first win in Stankovic Cup basketball
Guangzhou (China): China recorded their first win in Stankovic Continental Champions Cup basketball tournament beating Nigeria 58-52 here.
Despite their first victory in the basketball tournament Friday, China`s Greek coach Yannakis was not satisfied with his players` performance.
"We made a couple of mistakes in the first half and lost many rebounds. Although we came back in the second half, we still couldn`t concentrate on the game 100 percent," said Yannakis.
Nigerian centre Oyedeji, who previously played for several teams in the Chinese league, led an 8-0 run for Nigeria in the first half as the African team went up 33-27 at the break.
China strengthened their defence in the third quarter as Yi Jianlian scored a game-high 16 points to help the Asians reverse the game eventually.
"We are a very young team and failed to execute coach`s tactics well in the second half," said Oyedeji.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Indrani Mukerjea's three plans to kill Sheena Bora
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- Baby girl still in hospital after 76 days, mother denies relationship with baby
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- When Indrani Mukerjea broke down on meeting her daughter Vidhie