China`s Lu Huihui breaks Asian women`s javelin record
Beijing: China`s Lu Huihui improved the Asian record for women`s javelin by 0.51 metres Saturday at the national track and field Grand Prix in Zhaoqing, South China.
Lu, representing Central China`s Henan province, won the title with a throw of 65.62 metres, beating the previous mark of 65.11 metres set last year by compatriot Li Lingwei, reports Xinhua.
Li Lingwei, a Shandong native, finished second place with a best throw of 60.87 metres. Zhang Li took bronze on 59.43m.
Zhang Peimeng, who broke the men`s indoor 200m national record at the Beijing Sports University Grand Prix a month ago, was the other record setter at the Zhaoqing meet.
The Beijing sprinter clocked 10.04 seconds in the men`s 100 metres final Saturday, eclipsing the previous national mark - 10.17 seconds - set by Zhou Wei 15 years ago.
Zhang`s result is 0.05 seconds behind the Asian record held by Qatar`s Samuel Francis.
Su Bingtian was the second fastest with a time of 10.23 seconds, while Guangxi`s Chen Qiang settled for the third place on 10.29s
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi