China to help Uganda develop sports sector
Kampala (Uganda): China is in talks with Uganda to help the East African country develop its sports sector, China`s envoy said here.
Zhao Yali, China`s ambassador to Uganda, told Xinhua Saturday that China is ready to have more partnerships with the Ugandan government in the area of sports.
"We are ready to help Uganda, especially in the field of coaching exchange. We shall do what we can to promote cooperation between the two countries. We have already spoken with the National Council of Sports on how to help Uganda," said Zhao.
In 2012, fifteen Chinese youth volunteers arrived in Uganda in an effort to boost the cooperation between China and Uganda.
The 15 volunteers, according to agreements signed between the two governments, were to offer their expertise to teaching Chinese language, sports and aquaculture.
"It is good to bring together all Chinese in Uganda to unite and through sporting activities like this we get together and get to know each other better," said Zhao.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- Kerala: Medical college prohibits girls from wearing jeans, noisy ornaments
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- DNA: Analysing the derogatory remarks made by Chinese Newspaper on Indians
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption