China to help Uganda develop sports sector
Kampala (Uganda): China is in talks with Uganda to help the East African country develop its sports sector, China`s envoy said here.
Zhao Yali, China`s ambassador to Uganda, told Xinhua Saturday that China is ready to have more partnerships with the Ugandan government in the area of sports.
"We are ready to help Uganda, especially in the field of coaching exchange. We shall do what we can to promote cooperation between the two countries. We have already spoken with the National Council of Sports on how to help Uganda," said Zhao.
In 2012, fifteen Chinese youth volunteers arrived in Uganda in an effort to boost the cooperation between China and Uganda.
The 15 volunteers, according to agreements signed between the two governments, were to offer their expertise to teaching Chinese language, sports and aquaculture.
"It is good to bring together all Chinese in Uganda to unite and through sporting activities like this we get together and get to know each other better," said Zhao.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Are separatists scared with 'Dangal' girl Zaira Wasim's success?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble