China win Asian beach soccer title
Jinan (China): China beat United Arab Emirates 4-3 in a penalty shootout in the final winning their first Asian Beach Soccer Cup title.
Wan Chao scored the first goal in the fourth minute of the second period with a free kick. Then UAE overturned the scores with goals from Haitham and Hasan.
About 17 seconds before the final whistle, Liu Yisi of China scored, levelling the scores 2-2 in the overtime.
Chinese player Liu Yisi was named the top scorer and MVP of the cup event and Wen Tingyuan the best goalkeeper.
Thailand defeated Australia 4-3 in another game, clinching the third place.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- J&K: Teams named after militants in cricket tournament
- Laser walls activated along Indo-Pak border to keep vigil against terrorists
- Haji Ali Dargah row: Trupti Desai wants support of Aamir, Salman, SRK
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi
- Navjot Singh Sidhu takes oath as Rajya Sabha member – SEE PICS
- 7th Pay Commission: Govt employees likely to get huge pay checks by June-July 2016
- Andrew Flintoff tells Yuvraj Singh – 'I will cut your throat off'....Read Yuvi's reply
- Bollywood 2016: Sexiest posters of the year so far
- Eat these superfoods for healthy stomach!