China win Asian beach soccer title
Jinan (China): China beat United Arab Emirates 4-3 in a penalty shootout in the final winning their first Asian Beach Soccer Cup title.
Wan Chao scored the first goal in the fourth minute of the second period with a free kick. Then UAE overturned the scores with goals from Haitham and Hasan.
About 17 seconds before the final whistle, Liu Yisi of China scored, levelling the scores 2-2 in the overtime.
Chinese player Liu Yisi was named the top scorer and MVP of the cup event and Wen Tingyuan the best goalkeeper.
Thailand defeated Australia 4-3 in another game, clinching the third place.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- The inside story of IC-814 hijacking
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader