CSI seeks probe on e-mails in its fake ID
New Delhi: Clean Sports India, a movement for corruption-free sports in the country, on Sunday wrote a letter to the IOA Election Commission Chairman S Y Quraishi, seeking an investigation into how some people circulated mails faking its identity in connection with the upcoming elections of the national Olympic body.
"I bring to your notice an unethical act of someone sending mail from `Clean Sports India` faking our identity in connection with IOA elections," CSI National Convener B V P Rao wrote in his letter, enclosing the mail in question.
"Our request is to take up this case for investigation with suitable agency immediately to identify the culprit and determine if it is an unethical practice under IOC charter or crime under cyber laws of the India and punish the guilty," the letter said.
Rao said that the mail sent from an e-mail ID which has the name of CSI in it (cleansports2012@gmail.Com) has the potential to damage the reputation of his organisation.
"Urgent action is needed not only to protect our hard earned reputation but also to prevent fraudulent and unethical electoral practice in connection with IOA elections. Last one week someone is faking our organisation name and sending mails," he said.
"The fraudster has created a mail ID `clean sports 2012 @gmail.Com` close to our email ID. Our organisation email ID is NAME of PERSON@ cleansportsindia.Org. For instance my mail ID is rao@cleansportsindia.Org. So this fraud email ID is so close to our identity, it is confusing a lot of recipients," he said in the letter.
"We are a non-profit and non-governmental organisation registered under Societies Act, with proper permission from Government of India to use the word `INDIA` in the title of our organisation. See our website to know more about us: www.Cleansportsindia.Org," Rao wrote.
The mail in question had raised objections against Randhir Singh`s eligibility to contest IOA president`s post in the November 25 polls and was addressed to returning officer Justice (Retd) V K Bali and marked to Quraishi and the third member of IOA Election Commission, Justice (Retd) J D Kapoor and Sports Ministry. It was also forwarded to several people.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fresh plea in SC against triple talaq system
- Consumers will be compensated for unscheduled power cuts: Delhi CM Kejriwal
- Shocking! Man dies performing stunt in moving train in Mumbai
- China planning to stretch its Nepal rail link to Bihar: Report
- National child helpline number '1098' now launched in 25 languages!
- JeM planning Pathankot-II with support from Pakistan's ISI, IM, conducting recce of Indian cities: Military intel
- Arijit Singh writes open letter to Salman Khan apologising and requesting him to retain ‘Sultan’ song – Here’s why
- Akshay Kumar with 'Housefull3' gang set to sizzle in saddi Dilli—See selfie!
- Megresults.nic.in & mbose.in HSSLC Results 2016: Meghalaya Board Tura Class 12th Arts exam results 2016 to be announced shortly
- Mbose.in 10th SSLC Results 2016: Megresults.nic.in Meghalaya Board SSLC Class 10th exam results 2016 to be announced shortly