CSI seeks probe on e-mails in its fake ID
New Delhi: Clean Sports India, a movement for corruption-free sports in the country, on Sunday wrote a letter to the IOA Election Commission Chairman S Y Quraishi, seeking an investigation into how some people circulated mails faking its identity in connection with the upcoming elections of the national Olympic body.
"I bring to your notice an unethical act of someone sending mail from `Clean Sports India` faking our identity in connection with IOA elections," CSI National Convener B V P Rao wrote in his letter, enclosing the mail in question.
"Our request is to take up this case for investigation with suitable agency immediately to identify the culprit and determine if it is an unethical practice under IOC charter or crime under cyber laws of the India and punish the guilty," the letter said.
Rao said that the mail sent from an e-mail ID which has the name of CSI in it (cleansports2012@gmail.Com) has the potential to damage the reputation of his organisation.
"Urgent action is needed not only to protect our hard earned reputation but also to prevent fraudulent and unethical electoral practice in connection with IOA elections. Last one week someone is faking our organisation name and sending mails," he said.
"The fraudster has created a mail ID `clean sports 2012 @gmail.Com` close to our email ID. Our organisation email ID is NAME of PERSON@ cleansportsindia.Org. For instance my mail ID is rao@cleansportsindia.Org. So this fraud email ID is so close to our identity, it is confusing a lot of recipients," he said in the letter.
"We are a non-profit and non-governmental organisation registered under Societies Act, with proper permission from Government of India to use the word `INDIA` in the title of our organisation. See our website to know more about us: www.Cleansportsindia.Org," Rao wrote.
The mail in question had raised objections against Randhir Singh`s eligibility to contest IOA president`s post in the November 25 polls and was addressed to returning officer Justice (Retd) V K Bali and marked to Quraishi and the third member of IOA Election Commission, Justice (Retd) J D Kapoor and Sports Ministry. It was also forwarded to several people.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachute-like objects spotted over Mumbai airport
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- Police registers case after parachute-like objects were spotted over Mumbai airport
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- Arvind Kejriwal's Aam Aadmi Party changes its logo
- Unidentified flying objects spotted over Mumbai airport not motorised: Home Department
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- Militants kill five, target telecoms in Kashmir attacks
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah