Deepika makes it to the round of 32 in Archery World Cup
Kolkata: Deepika Kumari got back into rhythm and kept India`s medal hopes alive advancing into the round of 32 in the recurve individual section at the Archery World Cup Stage 4 in Wroclaw, Poland on Wednesday.
According to information received here, Deepika was the sole survivor in the women`s individual section as veteran Dola Banerjee, Lashram Bombayla Devi and Rimil Buriuly made early exits.
Having got the first round bye, Deepika faced a stiff challenge from American Michelle Gilbert before wrapping the issue in the tie-breaker with a 6-5 margin.
The 18-year-old will battle it out against Carina Christiansen of Denmark for a place in the pre-quarterfinals tomorrow.
In the recurve men individual, Tarundeep Rai, Atanu Das and rookie Priyank kept the hopes alive advancing into the second round.
Pitted against an experienced Jayant Talukdar, Das never gave the Olympian archer any chance with a 6-0 win.
Priyank ousted Arshak Petrosyan of Armenia 6-0, while Rai defeated Karlis Akots Gribulis of Latvia by an identical margin.
Meanwhile, Indian team qualified 10th with 2092 points in the compound section, as Abhishek Verma (699), Sandeep Kumar (698) and Rajat Chouhan (695) finished 25th, 32nd, 36th respectively.
In the compound women section, Indians were 11th with a total score of 2026 as Lily Chanu Paonam (679), Jyothi Surekha Vennam (676) were 23rd, 30th and 38th respectively.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof