Delhi girl wins shooting gold in International Junior Championship
Pune: India's Shriyanka Sadangi bagged the gold medal in the 10m Air Rifle junior women category in the International Junior Shooting championship in Suhl, Germany on Thursday with a total score of 500.9.
The Delhi girl, who currently trains at the Guns for Glory academy in Pune, shot a score of 398 in the preliminary round and then kept the momentum to grab pole position.
Shriyanka went into the final tied in second place with Frenchwoman Amelie Perment and piped her with one tenth of a point for the gold.
Her compatriot Tejaswini Muley, who was leading after the preliminary round with a score of 399 managed a final score of 100.8 settling for the fourth place with a total score of 499.8. The bronze went to Austria’s Nadine Ungerank.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- See pic: Call for further study after discovery of baboon-like creature on Mars!
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- Preity Zinta to tie the knot this Valentine?