Delhi girl wins shooting gold in International Junior Championship
Pune: India's Shriyanka Sadangi bagged the gold medal in the 10m Air Rifle junior women category in the International Junior Shooting championship in Suhl, Germany on Thursday with a total score of 500.9.
The Delhi girl, who currently trains at the Guns for Glory academy in Pune, shot a score of 398 in the preliminary round and then kept the momentum to grab pole position.
Shriyanka went into the final tied in second place with Frenchwoman Amelie Perment and piped her with one tenth of a point for the gold.
Her compatriot Tejaswini Muley, who was leading after the preliminary round with a score of 399 managed a final score of 100.8 settling for the fourth place with a total score of 499.8. The bronze went to Austria’s Nadine Ungerank.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video