Delhi girl wins shooting gold in International Junior Championship
Pune: India's Shriyanka Sadangi bagged the gold medal in the 10m Air Rifle junior women category in the International Junior Shooting championship in Suhl, Germany on Thursday with a total score of 500.9.
The Delhi girl, who currently trains at the Guns for Glory academy in Pune, shot a score of 398 in the preliminary round and then kept the momentum to grab pole position.
Shriyanka went into the final tied in second place with Frenchwoman Amelie Perment and piped her with one tenth of a point for the gold.
Her compatriot Tejaswini Muley, who was leading after the preliminary round with a score of 399 managed a final score of 100.8 settling for the fourth place with a total score of 499.8. The bronze went to Austria’s Nadine Ungerank.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested
- Mohammad Kaif takes a subtle dig at Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad after he hit Air India official with slippers