Delhi girl wins shooting gold in International Junior Championship
Pune: India's Shriyanka Sadangi bagged the gold medal in the 10m Air Rifle junior women category in the International Junior Shooting championship in Suhl, Germany on Thursday with a total score of 500.9.
The Delhi girl, who currently trains at the Guns for Glory academy in Pune, shot a score of 398 in the preliminary round and then kept the momentum to grab pole position.
Shriyanka went into the final tied in second place with Frenchwoman Amelie Perment and piped her with one tenth of a point for the gold.
Her compatriot Tejaswini Muley, who was leading after the preliminary round with a score of 399 managed a final score of 100.8 settling for the fourth place with a total score of 499.8. The bronze went to Austria’s Nadine Ungerank.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report