Delhi in quarter-finals of Junior Hockey Nationals
Sonepat: Delhi drubbed Andhra Pradesh 4-1 to enter the quarter-finals of the 3rd Hockey India Junior Men National Championships here on Saturday.
After conceding an early goal, Delhi came from behind and scored four goals in the other half in the Pool D match played at Moti Lal Nehru Sports Complex, Rai.
The turning point of the match came when Jugraj Singh scored the opening goal in the 36th minute after which Delhi scored three other goals. Deepak Kumar, Inder Pal Singh and Manish Sharma scored a goal each for Delhi.
In Pool B, Tamil Nadu easily defeated Jammu & Kashmir 3-0. This was the second lost for Jammu & Kashmir in a row.
In Pool H, Chandigarh thrashed Tripura 10-2 in their opening league match. Sahepreet scored three goals for Chandigarh.
In the other match of Pool H, Hockey Maharashtra mauled Goa 22-0. Ashutosh Lingesh scored six goals.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- Siachen: All 10 missing soldiers hit by avalanche confirmed dead
- LTCG tax concession for under construction property
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- Deepika Padukone's first shot from 'XXX 3' revealed! See pic