Expect biting words as Mike Tyson praises Evander Holyfield
Nevada: Mike Tyson will serve as the presenter for fellow former world heavyweight boxing champion Evander Holyfield at next month`s Nevada Boxing Hall of Fame induction ceremonies, Hall officials announced Tuesday.
Tyson infamously bit a chunk out of Holyfield`s right ear leading to his disqualification in their 1997 showdown at Las Vegas, a rematch of Holyfield`s victory seven months earlier.
Now Tyson will praise Holyfield`s career achievements in a speech during an August 9 gathering that will see 18 inductees onto the honor list.
After Holyfield`s acceptance speech, Tyson will present Holyfield his Hall of Fame trophy.
Tyson and Holyfield appeared in a recent television commercial poking fun at the infamous bite incident, which brought Tyson a suspension from Nevada state boxing officials that kept him from fighting again for 19 months, until January of 1999.
Tyson, who was inducted in last year`s inaugural class, called the chance to present for Holyfield a "privilege and high honor" while Holyfield said: "This is great," when he learned of the news, according to a statement from the Hall of Fame.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- First phase of NEET examination today as Supreme Court says allow exam to be held
- Andhra Pradesh to become first 'Open Defecation Free' state
- SC, ST promotions: Shivraj Singh-led government to move Supreme Court
- Bombed Brussels airport departure hall to reopen today
- Bachchans, SRK, Salman attend Bipasha-Karan Singh Grover’s wedding reception