FIFA chief condemns terror attack in Boston
Havana: President of the International Federation of Association Football (FIFA) Joseph Blatter has condemned the terror attack targeting the Boston Marathon.
Blatter, who arrived here on Tuesday on a two-day official visit, condemned the attack Monday that killed three people and injured scores.
"What happened in Boston is a tragedy. That is an attack on sports and marathons are very popular ones as well," said Blatter.
On Wednesday, Blatter visited the ‘Polar’ stadium in Havana, to kickstart the renovation of the stadium into Cuba`s first soccer synthetic field, a project for which FIFA donated USD 1.3 million.
The FIFA delegation began its Caribbean tour in the Dominican Republic and went to Haiti next. After two days in Cuba, the officials will travel to Panama, the last leg of the tour, to attend the 28th Concacaf Ordinary Congress.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read