Fraser-Pryce opens season on winning note
Kingtson (Jamaica): Two-time Olympic 100 metres champion Shelly Ann Fraser-Pryce marked her first outing of the year with a comfortable victory at the Queen`s Grace Jackson Track and Field Meet here.
The diminutive but powerful Jamaican sprinter clocked 11.47 seconds at the National Stadium Saturday to easily dismiss challenges from Rusheen Reid (12.17) and Kristina Gentles (12.53) who were second and third respectively.
Fraser-Pryce successfully defended her Olympic title in London last August when she held off a challenge form World Champion Carmelita Jeter of the United States.
The 26-year-old is expected to start as one of the favourites at the World Championships in Moscow from Aug 10-18.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!