Fraser-Pryce opens season on winning note
Kingtson (Jamaica): Two-time Olympic 100 metres champion Shelly Ann Fraser-Pryce marked her first outing of the year with a comfortable victory at the Queen`s Grace Jackson Track and Field Meet here.
The diminutive but powerful Jamaican sprinter clocked 11.47 seconds at the National Stadium Saturday to easily dismiss challenges from Rusheen Reid (12.17) and Kristina Gentles (12.53) who were second and third respectively.
Fraser-Pryce successfully defended her Olympic title in London last August when she held off a challenge form World Champion Carmelita Jeter of the United States.
The 26-year-old is expected to start as one of the favourites at the World Championships in Moscow from Aug 10-18.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj