Fraser-Pryce opens season on winning note
Kingtson (Jamaica): Two-time Olympic 100 metres champion Shelly Ann Fraser-Pryce marked her first outing of the year with a comfortable victory at the Queen`s Grace Jackson Track and Field Meet here.
The diminutive but powerful Jamaican sprinter clocked 11.47 seconds at the National Stadium Saturday to easily dismiss challenges from Rusheen Reid (12.17) and Kristina Gentles (12.53) who were second and third respectively.
Fraser-Pryce successfully defended her Olympic title in London last August when she held off a challenge form World Champion Carmelita Jeter of the United States.
The 26-year-old is expected to start as one of the favourites at the World Championships in Moscow from Aug 10-18.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened